Tuesday, February 23, 2010

100boxes


Puzzle game.

Graphics, sound and music- 1/5
It could have been worse, I guess.. There's no music, and sound is limited to a click you get when you click on a square, which is annoying, but graphics could have looked worse I guess...

Gameplay and overall- 3.5/5
It goes like this- you've got a 100 little boxes, you must now click one, it now changes color, you must now go on to the next box BUT you must only move either three squares up, down, left, right, or two squares in diagonal. The game ends when you find yourself stuck. If you manage to get all 100 to change color you win, and your name will forever be logged on the scoreboard.
First game I managed to get 91, second game I somehow got 97 (my name is in the top 649), then I thought to myself "piece of cake", I can get 100, and then proceeded to fail getting 100. Repeatedly. What surprised me is the fact that I kept playing, even though I knew I couldn't beat 97.. And didn't really want to...
Anyway, this thing has a limited life span, either you somehow win, or you give up.. But it's nice for those of you who like (sort of) mathematical puzzles.

3 comments:

  1. I am the author of 100 Boxes. Thanks for the review.
    You got the spirit of the game very well. It is made of thwarted efforts, frustration and a sense of achievement when you beat your personal score or reach the mythical 100.
    As for music, it was a deliberate choice, so you can listen to your favorite music while playing.
    Best wishes
    fgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it very much.. It is somewhat addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is very addictive..!! i have ended on 99 for almost 50 previous trials. i m soo close, yet far away from t result..! is the algorithm used in the image above right? ( my guess - it is wrong!)

    ReplyDelete